For functional and operational reasons, browsing the Sareb website https://www.sareb.es implies acceptance of cookies that are installed on devices used to access https://www.sareb.es. Nevertheless and in addition, this Cookies Policy is published to expand and explain the information reflected in the banner, to provide you with the basic information following your initial access to the website. Accordingly, the user is hereby informed of the definition of a cookie, the types of cookies used on this website, and how the user can manage these cookies according to the characteristics of his/her browser and device (PC, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.) used to browse the website.
Likewise, the user is reminded that this Cookies Policy is permanently published on the lower section of the website so that users may consult it on future visits.
Finally, we would like to remind you that the process of browsing the website or registering on it implies the installation of technical and personalisation cookies, unless your browser has been configured otherwise. In all cases, users may change their browser settings at any time in line with their preferences.
I. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
In order to ensure your privacy, we hereby inform you that cookies are used on this website that enable us to improve the usability and browsing experience of the website; to ensure access to certain functionalities; and to help us improve the quality of the site based on users’ browsing habits and styles.
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto the terminal on which the user accesses the website (PC, smartphone, tablet or other internet-enabled device) and that enables the owner of the website to store or retrieve certain information about multiple variables, such as the number of times that the page has been visited, to identify registered users, to maintain the user’s session while he/she browses the page; to offer prompts for forms, passwords, language or other individual settings; or to enable operations to be carried out in a secure and stable way.
As indicated, cookies, according their type, may collate information about users’ browsing habits and consequently may affect their privacy. We are therefore providing the necessary information about the type of cookies used on our website so that users can make an informed decision in relation to using the website and protecting their privacy.
II. TYPE OF COOKIES
Information about the type of cookies used on the website is given below:
1. According to their purpose
Cookies are used for different purposes, as previously explained. Sareb classifies them into five major groups according to their purpose, although this website only uses technical, personalisation and analytical cookies.
Accordingly, users will be asked for specific consent for each type of cookie that Sareb may include on the website https://www.sareb.es and which users must accept, such as analytical cookies. If the user rejects all cookies, only the technical and personalisation cookies will be installed, which the website needs to function correctly. Cookie types classified by purpose are:
- Technical cookies: These cookies are essential and necessary as they allow the user to browse the website and use the different options and services on it. For example, it enables third-party multimedia content to be played, interface adjustments to be made, smooth browsing, the use of security elements while browsing, new sessions to be recognised, controlled access to private areas, etc.
- Personalisation cookies: These cookies allow the user to personalise various features regarding the general settings of the website in order to facilitate its usability, and/or collect information and patterns based on the user’s browsing habits, which remain predefined depending on a series of criteria on the user’s terminal, such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, or the settings for the region where the service is accessed and the interface personalisation.
- Analysis cookies: These types of cookies are designed and used to monitor and analyse users’ behaviour. These types of cookies allow the owner of the website to measure the activity on the site using aggregated or statistical data. The website uses persistent analytical cookies for this purpose. Specifically, Google Analytics cookies have different expiry dates depending on the information that they provide.
- Advertising cookies: Advertising cookies enable the different advertising spaces on a web page, application or platform from which a service is provided, adapting the content of the advertising to the content of the requested service, or to the use carried out on the web page, application or platform based on specific criteria such as the published content or the frequency that the advertising is displayed.
- Behavioural or behavioural advertising cookies: Behavioural cookies store information about users’ behaviour obtained by continuously observing browsing habits, enabling a profile of a user’s preferences to be developed and therefore only to display advertising related to a user’s profile and interests and enabling more effective advertising campaigns.
2. According to the period of time that they remain activated for on the terminal
Cookies can have an activity period based on duration variables, depending on their type. Two types of cookies are defined by this characteristic:
- Session cookies: Session cookies are designed to collect and store data while the user is viewing the website. As their name suggests, these cookies are stored on the terminal until the user’s browser session ends.
- Persistent cookies: These are a type of cookies in which the data continues to be stored on the terminal, including after the user’s browsing has ended, for a period of time defined by the manager of the cookie, which may range from several minutes to years.
3. According to the owner of the cookies
We can differentiate the following types of cookies depending on the entity that manages the domain that issues the cookies and that processes the data obtained:
- Proprietary cookies: These are cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal from the domain https://www.sareb.es, as the owner of this website.
- Third-party cookies: Third-party cookies are sent to the user’s terminal from a machine or domain which is not managed by the website’s publisher but is instead managed by another organisation. There are cookies on our website that are sent from third-party domains. Some of the cookies used on the website include:
- Google Analytics service provided by Google, Inc., obtains information as to how the website in question is used, with the sole purpose being to provide information on activity on the website. At no point will the user’s IP be used by these companies, or by any of the other services that these may provide. For more information on Google Analytics you can consult the Google Privacy Centre.
4. Cookie settings
You may access the cookie settings used on the website and decide which ones are installed according to their characteristics, taking into account the information provided in this Cookies Notice, using the following link:
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND COOKIE SETTINGS BY BROWSER
Useful links are provided here relating to the cookies of some of the main browsers and online content providers. Please note that these links may be changed by their owners and may therefore become obsolete.
- Internet Explorer™:
- Versión 5: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955/es
- Versión 6: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283185/es
- Versión 7 y 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Versión 9 y 10: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/cookies-informacion-que-los-sitios-web-guardan-en-?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/es-ES/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
IV. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO THE COOKIES POLICY
Sareb may partially or fully change the Cookies Notice, publishing any change in the same way that this notice is published or via any type of communication sent to users, according to legislative or regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt this policy to the instructions of the Spanish Data Protection Agency. We therefore recommend regularly reviewing its content.