The personal data provided by data subjects while browsing the site, including any telephone numbers, email addresses and copies of identity documents submitted in order to make enquiries, request information and, where applicable, obtain products and services, will be processed and, where relevant, included in the database kept by Sociedad de Gestión de Activos Procedentes de la Reestructuración Bancaria (hereinafter, Sareb), as the data controller, with Tax Code (CIF) A-86.602.158 and with registered office at Paseo de la Castellana 89, Madrid, in order to ensure (i) the proper development and performance of the relationship that has been or may be established between the parties as a result of the foregoing, and (ii) compliance with the requirements and aims set out in law, particularly the rules governing Information Society Services.
If you have any questions relating to the processing of your personal data, you may consult the Data Protection Officer (DPO) that Sareb has appointed to this end by emailing your enquiry, together with a copy of your Spanish Identity Document or equivalent ID, to firstname.lastname@example.org, heading your mail “Data Protection”.
Sareb complies with the legislation in force in respect of the protection of personal data and has made the confidentiality undertakings that are commensurate with its business activities, and to this end it has adopted the technical measures necessary to maintain the required level of security, in accordance with the nature of the data being processed and the circumstances of their processing, in order to prevent, to the extent possible and always according to the state of the art, the alteration, loss or processing of the said data or unauthorised access thereto.
If data subjects do not provide the requested data, Sareb will not be able to attend to the enquiry for which they are required and/or may terminate relations between the parties.
In order to ensure that the information contained in the Company’s files is always up-to-date and free of any errors, users must provide information as quickly as possible of any change or correction to their personal data, and Sareb shall not be held responsible if the data in question are not up-to-date.
In the event that the data collected are used for purposes other than the purpose for which they were compiled or collected, data subjects shall be required to give their consent.
You may at any time exercice the relevant rights off access, rectification, erasure, object, restriction of processing and to data portability and to object to automated decision- making, object to the sending of commercial communications and withdraw the consent given. In any case, data subjects may exercise any claim they deem relevant with regard to the processing of their data by contacting the Spanish Data Protection Agency (www.aepd.es) or by writing to our DPO using the contact details set out above.
For reasons of both functionality and operability, browsing the https://www.sareb.es website implies acceptance of the installation of cookies on the device on which the website is accessed. However, users are also provided with this Cookies Policy, which contains a more detailed description of the information shown in the banner that appears when you first access the Company’s website. This Policy informs users about what cookies are, the kinds of cookies used on this website and how they can be managed, depending on the characteristics of the user’s browser and the device being used to browse the website (PC, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.).
Users are also reminded that this Cookies Policy can be permanently accessed at the foot of the website in the event that they wish to consult it during future visits to the site.
We would also like to take this opportunity to remind you that the fact that you continue to browse the site or register on it will be taken to mean that you have given your consent to the installation of technical and personal cookies, unless you have changed the settings in your browser to reflect otherwise. In any case, users may change the settings on their browsers at any time, according to their preferences.
I. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to the device on which the user accesses the website (whether it is a PC, smart phone, tablet or any other kind of device with the capacity to connect to the Internet) and that allows the website owner to store or retrieve certain information about multiple variables, such as, for example, the number of times the website has been accessed, a registered user’s identity, making the user's session secure while browsing the website, recalling forms, passwords, language and other personal settings, and allowing transactions to be conducted in a secure and stable way.
As already indicated, depending on their type, cookies can compile information on users’ browsing habits and, as a consequence, may affect their privacy. For this reason, we here offer you the necessary information on the kinds of cookies used on our website so that you are in a position to decide how you wish to use the site and protect your privacy.
II. TYPES OF COOKIES.
The following section contains information on the types of cookies used on the website:
1. Cookies classified according to their purpose
Cookies are used for different purposes, as we have already mentioned above. Depending on the purpose, Sareb organises them into five large groups, though this website only uses technical, personal and analytical cookies.
Users will therefore be asked to give their specific consent for each of the types of cookies that are used by Sareb, where relevant, on its website at https://www.sareb.es and these must be individually accepted, such as analytical cookies, for example. In the event that a user rejects all cookies, only the technical and personal cookies required in order for the website to operate correctly will be installed. Cookie types, according to their purpose, are as follows:
- Technical cookies: These cookies are essential and necessary, since they allow users to browse the website and make use of the various options and services offered, such as reproducing third party multimedia, adjusting the interface, enjoying uninterrupted browsing and using security tools while browsing. They also allow users to be recognised when initiating sessions and control access to private areas, among other functions.
- Personal cookies: These cookies allow users to personalise some characteristics of the general options available on the website, with a view to improving their browsing experience. They collect and store a predefined set of data relating to each individual user’s browsing habits, based on a series of criteria stored in the user’s own terminal, such as, for example, preferred language, the browser used to access the service, local settings for the region from which the service is accessed, and personalisation of the interface itself.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies are designed and used to monitor and analyse users' behaviour on the website. These types of cookies allow the owner of a website to measure activity on its site using aggregated data and statistical information. This website uses persistent analytical cookies for this purpose. Specifically, Google Analytics cookies have different expiry dates, depending on the information they provide.
- Advertising cookies: Advertising cookies are used to manage the range of advertising spaces included on websites, applications and platforms from which services are provided, matching the contents of the advertisement with the contents of the service requested or the use being made of the website, application or platform in question, based on specific criteria such as the content published or the frequency with which advertising is shown.
- Behavioural cookies or behavioural advertising cookies: Behavioural cookies store information on users’ behaviour, based on the continuous observation of their browsing habits. This information is then used to build a picture of a user’s preferences so that individual users can be shown only the advertising that matches their profile and interests, resulting in more effective advertising campaigns.
2. Cookies classified according to the length of time they remain active on the device used
Cookies may remain active for a varying amount of time, depending on their type. There are two kinds of cookie in this category.
- Session cookies: These are cookies which are designed to collect and store data while the user is viewing a website. As their name would suggest, they are stored on the terminal until the user ends the browsing session.
- Persistent cookies: The data collected by these types of cookies remain stored on the user’s terminal even after the user has ended the browsing session. They remain stored for a period defined by the party responsible for the cookie, which may last for minutes or years.
3. Cookies classified according to their owners:
Depending on the identity of the company that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and that processes the data obtained, these can be separated into the following categories:
- Proprietary cookies: These cookies are sent to the user’s device from the https://www.sareb.es website, and they are managed by Sareb as the owner of this site.
o The Google Analytics service offered by Google Inc. This is used to obtain information on how the website in question is used, for the sole purpose of providing data on the website’s activity. The user’s IP address will not be used by the third party companies involved, nor will the data be used for any other services they may provide. You may consult the Google Safety Centre for further information on Google Analytics.
4. Cookie settings:
Bearing in mind the information provided in this Cookies Policy notice, you can use the link shown below to access the cookie settings used on the website and decide whether you want to install them, depending on their individual characteristics:
III. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND COOKIE SETTINGS BY BROWSERS
In addition, we here provide links that may be of interest in relation to the cookie settings for the main browsers and suppliers of online content. We would advise you that these links may be subject to changes by their owners, and they may even have become obsolete by the time they are consulted:
- Internet Explorer™:
Version 5: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955/es
Version 6: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283185/es
Versions 7 and 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-ES/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Versions 9 and 10: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Android: http://support.google.com/android/?hl=es
IV. UPDATES AND CHANGES TO COOKIES POLICY.
Sareb may amend its Cookies Policy, either wholly or in part, by publishing changes in the same way as it has published this notice or by issuing any other kind of communication addressed to users, either because this is required under the legislation or regulations in force, or for the purposes of adapting its policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency. We therefore advise you to check the contents of this policy on a regular basis.